A random idea.. to help with texture loss

I’ve been trying to rack my brain for the last few days about any possible way to force texture quality for users on your server.

Since you can stream anything (almost anything) to the user, I was wondering if anybody has been able to stream what graphics settings a user can have?

Feel free to call me an idiot if this isn’t possible.

How about instead of trying to ‘force’ settings on users, just reading the asset size warnings in the server console and fixing those?

So it happens on almost a fresh server with vanilla resources. If we have say more than 10 people running anything over normal texture quality people start to get texture loss and pop in textures.

To be honest, I highly doubt what you’re saying about ‘with vanilla resources’ here. There’s no way for you to be the only person to have to use the broken(!) ‘normal’ setting without random trash assets loaded.

If this is actually the case, that’d be a bug and you should provide reproduction steps, not fantasize about some completely useless feature to ‘force’ things on people.

*) ‘broken’ as in ‘it will make the game use 3-4x the RAM it should’, ruining the game for anyone with 8 GB RAM or less

I love the attitude of the staff team 10/10 for professionalism

Unproductive topic, user seems unwilling to provide info to substantiate their unreasonable request.