[Release] No Speaky - Mute Players In Voice Chat [1.0]

No Speaky - By FAXES

About
So. What does this one do FAXES? Well kids, this lets you use /mute (or whatever changed too) to mute people in voice chat. Someone screaming, ear-raping you? Well MUTE THEM with this script. Please note; if using Lambda this script will not work as lambda overwrites users settings.

In the Download

__resource.lua
client.lua
server.lua
License.md

Features

• Mute players in voice chat
  • Easy config - use ACE Perms, peds, or none!
  • Notification display when muted

Requirements
None. This is a standalone script.

Downloads:

Installation
Place in your resources folder, just like any other resource.
If using ACE Perms see this doc thing

Credits
@Fourthbeam - Idea of script

If you have any issues or comments please put them below. :speaking_head:

12 Likes

Another nice release , would i work with this script active? : [Release] Voice radio in-game [Standalone] or should i use yours as a base to implement a new one for this resource.

Love the name “No Speaky” :rofl:

2 Likes

Thanks for making this man, I appreciate it.

Question though, how hard would it be to turn this into an item? I want cops on our server to be able to mute those toxic criminals so they can’t speak.

Should work. Not 100% sure though, never used that. I’m not seeing any code conflicts

See the config you can add ped perms. Or if doing it through a menu you can just trigger the below event.

TriggerClientEvent("Fax:NoSpeaky", player)

Thanks man. This can be write to mute players in chat too ?

1 Like

Sick bro! Love it

1 Like

Question, this mutes the person’s voice for everyone? Will relogging remove it? Also could I add the client event to the esx police interaction menu for them to use?

IDEA! Doing rn :smiley:

Yeppo

Yes, it resets once they relog

Go for it. As per the script license.

Yep I get that last part I’m just asking how simple it would be as I do need to type /mute ID so if I used the command from the interaction menu how would it work.

Final question, could you make it so I can whitelist people to use this command using their steam HEX ID?

You could make it so it gets the nearest player. In terms of ESX I have no clue

Already does, see the server.lua for permissions config

Ahh I don’t know what ace permissions is that’s probably why I’m confused

See the link in the OP, you just copy that over and add your Hex. Just make sure you use the right scripts hex

FAX Machine, you need to calm down with the releases jheez, I can certainly say your code is getting alot better aswell, very neat and much more organised.

1 Like

haha better then my first ever release:

1 Like

Are you sure it works?
I thought SetPlayerTalkingOverride was only for mumble

Works, was tested on latest server version. Anything I release is tested… Usually with multiple people together or desperately

Oh this is sick as fuck!

1 Like

is it easy to do something like the permission from the discord perm script Discord Roles for Permission script