"2 different people have the same ip" even when they live at 600 m away

IF YOU DO NOT FILL THIS OUT, YOUR TOPIC WILL BE UNLISTED AND CLOSED

To receive support, please fill out the following template, and remove this top text.

GTA V version? the newest
Up to date? yes
Legit or Pirate copy? legit
Steam/CD/Social Club? Steam
Windows version? Windows 10 Pro
Did you try to delete caches.xml and try again? yes
Error screenshot (if any)

Also add what you already tried so far.

My friend tried to connect on the same server as me. When he entered he had my id and mine everything. Now we cant play on that server because my friend gets connected with my id. We are not using the same acounts. He uses his Epic Games GTA and I use my Steam GTA, different Social Club acounts. We dont know what to do. The servers owner/scripter sayd is our problem because “You have the same IP” even if we live at 600 m away. On the previos servers we’ve played on this thing never hapend.

PLS help

Hello, this is a friendly reminder because this is your first time creating a topic (or it has been a while since your last topic) in this category.

Please note that most of the support is provided by the Cfx.re community on a voluntary basis. We ask you to be patient; there is no guarantee we have a solution to your problem(s). To avoid unnecessary/duplicate topics, please browse the forums before creating a topic.

To improve your chances of your issue(s) being solved, please provide as much information as possible about the issue(s) you are having. Also —whenever possible— please use the template given to you when creating a topic.

Thanks for keeping these forums tidy!
:mascot:

Either of you using a VPN?

This sounds like an issue with the server you’re attempting to play on. I advise contacting that server instead of posting here.

The owner of the server says it’s our problem.

We’ve tried. I was in Japan and my friend was in USA and the same problem.( with VPN)

The server owner is a potato.

That’s definitely a server owner problem, if he says its your problem, probably not a good server to join.

Have you two at any point shared accounts?

My friend installed GTA from my account last year. But this problem never happend.

Sharing accounts is what caused the issue. You’re both still sharing a digital right for the game.

same thing happend to me but it randomly started working again

it just started working randomly, or have you done something?

even after we reinstalled windows? I dont think this is the problem. And it just started to do this randomly.
And when he installed GTA from my account last year, this thing never happend.

No, that should do the trick.

The server owner can identify which identifiers are matching though and that would be a big help to troubleshooting the issue.

The server owner/scripter says its our problem “Because you have the same id” which from what i know its imposibile and he will not help us.

Then play on a different server, if he knew what he was doing he would be able to identify the problem.

Ok. Thanks for the suggestion.

i literally havent done anything lol

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.