General Handshake Failure

I receive this failure when I try to join any server.

Please use this format to post your error.
Did you read the F.A.Q?

http://www.whatsmyip.org/ this is your ip en port forward your ipv4 adress

how do I solve this problem?

@thiiaguiin13 delete enhancedreborn

@yelle1177 Im a delete , I delete, but how do I create an equal skin online, because this mod now took time to choose the skin it crash

@thiiaguiin13 Hmm I have that error haven’t gotten/by reffered

A friend of mine is currently having the same issue. Everything is port forwarded correctly and the firewall is set to allow and incoming connections (both TCP and UDP) to access the server port.
Edit: From what I have read, it has to do with the connection between the client and the server, but looking into that I can’t seem to find a solution. If anybody has any insight whatsoever I would appreciate the information and if I solve the issue I will follow up.
P.S. I love how thiiaguiin13 didn’t stay on topic for the thread at all and used this thread to post his issue instead of creating a new one like he is supposed to :confused:

I am experiencing a similar issue, i try to join my local loopback and i get a handshake error. I can successfully join other servers. My guess is that something is up with the new server files??? Everything looks forwarded and allowed through firewalls in all cases. Please look at giving a explanation or something (probably already doing, I’m just informing everyone i have similar issues).

Thanks.

@exalented It is important to remember to type in the port of the server you are attempting to join when using the direct-IP method. Default is 30120. So for joining “localhost” you would type in “localhost:30120” Hope I was helpful =)

@exalented said in General Handshake Failure:

I am experiencing a similar issue, i try to join my local loopback and i get a handshake error. I can successfully join other servers. My guess is that something is up with the new server files??? Everything looks forwarded and allowed through firewalls in all cases. Please look at giving a explanation or something (probably already doing, I’m just informing everyone i have similar issues).

Thanks.

I figured out that it was my white list plugin, but thank you.

I just started getting this error today and I’m so furious! I haven’t been able to play. I get the error when I try to direct connect, I just copy and paste the ip and connect. Any help?