Custom skins for vehicles?

I currently run my own server and want to add a new skin that I made to one of my Crown Vics. However, I am not very experienced when it comes to adding just skins. So with that said, my question is: How do I install a custom skin to a specific vehicle? If this is possible without OpenIV, please tell me how and the steps I need to take. If this is only possible with OpenIV, please tell me the steps and how to convert the vehicles over to the server as well as putting them in the correct files. Thanks!

@Luke192 said in Custom skins for vehicles?:

I currently run my own server and want to add a new skin that I made to one of my Crown Vics. However, I am not very experienced when it comes to adding just skins. So with that said, my question is: How do I install a custom skin to a specific vehicle? If this is possible without OpenIV, please tell me how and the steps I need to take. If this is only possible with OpenIV, please tell me the steps and how to convert the vehicles over to the server as well as putting them in the correct files. Thanks!
Also, just to add on to my post, where do I put carvariations.meta?

Also, just to add on to my original post, where do I put carvariations.meta?