Offline LAN Server

Guys, can someone tell me that how to start server without connecting to internet I mean is it
necessary to always connect to internet while i am playing on LAN? No it is not. I am not even announcing my server name then why it needs internet, can someone tell me plz?

You can just start a server without internet fine?

No, without internet the server won’t start or maybe there is a way but I don’t know how
to do it.

@Trevor.Philips said in Offline LAN Server:

No, without internet the server won’t start or maybe there is a way but I don’t know how
to do it.

Yes the server does start?

Either, you are trying to start a MultiFive server.

@Boss Hello Boss, well thank you for offer about ranking, I just knew that problem that’s
why I thought I should help.

Well about my problem is that I am using fivereborn and I am saying that I don’t know how to
start the server without connecting it to internet. I have tried many times starting the server without internet but it runs but not completely, after few seconds it just closes on its own.

Yes the server does start when there is internet but doesn’t start without internet

1 Like

@Trevor.Philips said in Offline LAN Server:

Yes the server does start when there is internet but doesn’t start without internet

It starts fine without internet.

how to start without internet, i want play with my friend via lan

just block the port in firewall

@kanersps

it starts fine without internet (for YOU)

it DOES NOT start without internet (for me and others)

*edited because your freeroam mode is helpful :slight_smile:

@Trevor-Philips, I did the following steps to play LAN in my house without connecting to the Internet.

1. Make a copy of Fivereborn.exe and rename to FiveReborn.exe.dev and put the new file in the same folder.
  2. Host a server (run.bat in Fivereborn Server folder)
  3. Execute FiveReborn.exe
  4. Connect to your server through the direct IP option (settings wheel right top). You’ll need to know your internal IP address (use IPconfig command).

All these steps were already posted in a previous topic.
Hope it can help. Cheers

@kanersps without an Internet connection you get this message:

@epbort Thanks for the reply, but the procedure you telling I already know. I did many
attempts to start the ““SERVER ONLY " Not “” Fivereborn.exe”” without internet. I can start the fivereborn offline I know the method how to start it just changing the file
name in the end to .dev . It does work for fivereborn only to start but not for the server. I already mentioned up in this topic that what server does when you double click on it to start it.
It start just for a 2 to 3 seconds and closes on its own after that. I don’t know why.
Just try it yourself to understand what I want to say please.
Start the Server only offline then you will understand.

Guys I just found what the problem was.
I just changed my router and saw the setting on that router it has the port forwarding
option so I port forwarded and then started the server without internet and It started
without any problem.
So you guys probably wondering that I didn’t know to port forward is must? No, I did know that but my other router didn’t had this option of port forwarding. It has the
option of port triggering. So I guess that these to options are different. Now I Know.
Well thanks for everyone that reply to help. I will mention them.

@epbort, @bowen01 , @kanersps and @Boss.

So the I think that the case is closed and problem is solved.

Glad you managed to solve it.

Locked.