How to make openiv.asi work with mods.asi trick

I have read on here that there is a way to make it so that you can use a mods folder on Fivereborn for client side mods. Where exactly do I need to put these files in my fivereborn directory? I also am curious how to get policemod2 working clientside on fivereborn as well.

@Crowmedic

mods.asi goes in FiveReborn\plugins and the modified rpf in GTAV\mods

Let’s say you modified update.rpf from patch 505.2(patch currently used by FiveReborn) , this file goes in GTAV\mods\update\update.rpf

So whenever I have tried to use this before, I have had issues where it crashes upon joining a server. Is it because I’m not using the 505.2 update.rpf? Where would I find said file if I just have the current build of GTAV? Also I don’t suppose you know anything about my second question, about how to get policemod2 working client side?

Step 1: In your GTA V Main Directory, create a new folder and name it ‘mods’.

Step 2: Now go into the ‘mods’ folder, create a new folder and name it ‘update’.

Step 3: Now you need to go into your FiveReborn Main Directory, go into cache > game and copy the “update+update.rpf_64ddef8f58ad064745fb18879b309a6d8b0f346b” or something similarly named if it’s different for other users. This file should be 446,594 KB and should be the first file below the “Social%20Club%20v1.1.6.8%20Setup” application.

Step 4: Now go back to your GTA V Main Directory and paste the “update+update.rpf_64ddef8f58ad064745fb18879b309a6d8b0f346b” into your mods > update folder you made earlier. IMPORTANT!!!: Rename the file to ‘update.rpf’.

@Boss Whenever i do that my game crashes as soon as i join a server, is that normal?
EDIT: i didnt make an update folder

@XTheGreatJamesX said in How to make openiv.asi work with mods.asi trick:

@Boss Whenever i do that my game crashes as soon as i join a server, is that normal?
EDIT: i didnt make an update folder

There is your problem.

@Boss Just to let you know im going to make a forum about an error im getting

@XTheGreatJamesX said in How to make openiv.asi work with mods.asi trick:

@Boss Just to let you know im going to make a forum about an error im getting

a whole FORUM?

Link me when done.

1 Like

dm me and i will explain

@Boss can you tell me if this mod could work client side with fivereborn? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZV6hMOemTw4

Nope OIV won’t work in any way.